Low carbon expansion of car and bike sharing
The Park, Findhorn, Forres IV36 3TZ
Moray Carshare have been awarded funding to expand their operations in order to bring the benefits of car and bike sharing to more parts of Moray.
Their aims include:
- To expand our services into Elgin and Aberlour
- To expand within our existing bases: Forres, Findhorn & Kinloss
- To significantly reduce carbon emissions within our local area by only using electric vehicles for this expansion
- To introduce electric bike sharing in all these districts to provide a healthy and convenient alternative transport option
- To consolidate and improve our infrastructure in order to cope with such a major expansion. In particular, to provide driver training to reduce fuel usage as well as the risk of accidents and damage.
- To set up a lift-sharing service open to anyone in Moray, thereby encouraging lift-sharing and thus reducing carbon emissions.
The project includes the purchase and deployment of five new electric cars and one new hybrid car. This consists of two electric cars and one hybrid car in Elgin, plus one electric car in each of Aberlour, Forres and Findhorn.
The project also includes new charging points in Forres, Findhorn and Elgin.
The project includes 12 new electric bikes, and six bike shelters. Moray Carshare plan to deploy two bikes in each of these locations: Elgin, Aberlour, Forres, Kinloss, Findhorn village, Findhorn Park Eco-village.